PYJ

Not so perfect, not so young

Monday, July 10, 2006

How you say. . . ?

I'm writing! I'm actually writing the discussion for my research project!

Well, now I'm not, because I've taken this totally undeserved blog break because I'm momentarily stumped.

There's a word that's on the tip of my tongue, and I can't think of it. It's like 'boiled down' but it's more impressive -- it's a word for describing when a whole lot of ideas have been condensed into a smaller number of concise points.

not percolated
not congealed
not dissolved

Those words don't even mean the same thing, but they keep coming up in my mental rolodex of multisyllabic words related to food/science.

If I had studied chemistry, I think that it would come to me more easily. (Effie, help me out here). Any ideas?

5 Comments:

  • At 1:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I don't know any chemistry terms, but maybe the word "encapsulated" means something like that?

     
  • At 11:26 AM, Blogger Jago said…

    Distilled?

     
  • At 4:13 PM, Blogger Jaimie said…

    Hey! Distilled. . . I think that's the one! THANK YOU!

    (Thanks for the guess, Jena!)

     
  • At 7:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I guess the resident chemist was beaten to the punch...

     
  • At 7:47 AM, Blogger Jago said…

    Meh, no hard feelings. The resident journalist has quite the vocabulary.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home