PYJ

Not so perfect, not so young

Wednesday, April 04, 2007

The writing on the wall

Some background: Daniel and I bought our house from a couple, Tom and Christine, who were in the midst of a divorce. Things appeared to be amicable, but there was certainly some tension between Tom and Christine when we viewed the house before deciding to buy.

Tonight I got a bit "rippy", and started tearing off the old wallpaper in our bedroom. I also pried off the chair rail, to get better access for wallpaper tearing purposes. Under the first piece I removed, I found written in blue crayon, "Tom loves Christine".

Daniel pried off a few more pieces, and on the opposite wall he found, "Christine loves Tom".

Sweet or sad? What do you think? The house sure has a bit of history. I'm glad that walls can't talk. I'm not sure how many more messages I want to find as we tear things up.

*names have been changed, of course, to protect the lovelorn.

2 Comments:

  • At 9:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    that's the saddest story i've heard in ages.

     
  • At 8:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    As George Clooney said recently - "I think everybody in the world has a very grand idea of what it should be like (marriage) and then there’s the reality of waking up with someone with bad breath."

    Tips anyone?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home