PYJ

Not so perfect, not so young

Friday, December 01, 2006

Already?

I'm finished. As of Wednesday, I have completed all the requirements for my degree.

As I rode the bus home from my placement for the last time, instead of relief, I actually felt a wave of emotion (sadness? anxiety?) as I realized that no obstacle stands between me and my move to Saskatchewan. No obstacle but time, that is (the month of December, to be specific).

So now I have a month left in E-town, and a long list of things to do/experience/enjoy. There are people to spend time with, restaurants to eat in, and massive malls to shop in before I go.

Yesterday, I celebrated my accomplishment by buying CDs that will let me wallow in nostalgia once I've moved. Mmm. Nostalgia. I like to prepare for future emotional experiences. Let's be honest. Transitions aren't easy, and it pays to have a soundtrack for any pillow-hugging episodes that are bound to occur.

Next on my to-do list: actually think about the good things about my upcoming move. More on that later.

4 Comments:

  • At 1:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Congratulations Jaimo. Yay! Yay!

     
  • At 12:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Congratulations, Jaimie!!!!!

     
  • At 1:17 PM, Blogger Catherine said…

    Way to go, Jaimie!! We're so proud of you. What a huge accomplishment!

    We're looking forward to seeing you and Daniel this Saturday.

     
  • At 6:00 PM, Blogger Jaimie said…

    Thanks, everybody!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home