PYJ

Not so perfect, not so young

Friday, August 18, 2006

Basement apartment

One of the girls I've met at my summer job says that I look like Sarah Harmer. I don't know about that, but I do know that I will be singing "Basement Apartment" once again this fall.

I posted a while back about our past basement apartment experiences. The search for this one was interesting - because it's that back-to-school time of year, apartments were being rented the same day that the ads were appearing online. It was getting a bit frantic, and I was getting ready to settle for anything we could get.

When I called about one of the ads, the person said that the upstairs tenants would be doing their laundry in our kitchen. Um, no thanks. Another apartment was hideously ugly, had only 2 tiny windows and one entrance, and all I could think was that I was going to die in a fire.

The apartment we finally rented is small but very clean and bright, with windows that we can escape from easily in case of fire (okay, so I'm a bit paranoid), and a garage where we can store a housefull's worth of belongings. It's also on a beautiful tree-lined street. So it won't be SO bad. But still a little bit bad.

I guess if anything is going to make me look forward to moving to Moose Jaw, it will be living underground for 4 months. I'll be longing for the 'land of open skies' by mid-September.

2 Comments:

  • At 10:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I think you're a lot prettier than Sarah Harmer.

    Hey, when you move to Moose Jaw, I'm going to buy you some little Dutch children lawn ornaments.

     
  • At 9:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    psst... 'land of living skies'
    You should know that. Sheesh.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home