PYJ

Not so perfect, not so young

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Excuses, excuses

Reasons I haven't blogged in the last month:

I am not procrastinating. . . because I have no responsibilities!! My exams are finished, my research project is complete, and life is SOOOO GOOOOD! That is to say, I'm not sitting around every evening staring at an endless Word doc with the tempting tempting internet beckoning me to blog.

I am in the middle of a clinical placement right now, and I can't tell any interesting stories about the amazing people I get to work with, because of patient confidentiality.

I have re-discovered some hobbies that I had given up during grad school - reading and domesticity in general. I BAKE things - muffins, zucchini bread, cookies. It's very exciting. This basement apartment is putting me into nesting and hibernating mode, not blogging mode, sadly.

*digression*

So what have I been reading, you ask? I have been reading some fiction and some non-fiction, including:

Things Fall Apart by Chinua Achebe
The Barmaid's Brain by Jay Ingram (quirky science-lite non-fiction)
The Moral Animal by Robert Wright (and to help me straddle the gulf between that and my fundamentalist upbringing, I switch back and forth between that and the next book)
Darwin's Black Box by Michael J. Behe

That's about it. That's what I've been up to, and I hope that I'll be inspired to write more in the near future. Right now the interweb has been filling my evenings with pictures of cute bunnehs and celebrity gossip. And it has been good.

3 Comments:

  • At 10:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Congratulations on finishing your degree!

     
  • At 12:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Glad you're back! And the baking is excellent, I must say.

     
  • At 3:48 PM, Blogger Jaimie said…

    Thanks, Jena!!

    And you too, Cass! I'll have to post the recipe for the zucchini bread. I was surprised how well it turned out!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home