PYJ

Not so perfect, not so young

Sunday, January 29, 2006

Tonight's choir rehearsal was amazing. We have a concert coming up in less than 2 weeks, and some of the pieces we're doing are very powerful. The best moment of the night was when one of our sopranos sang a phenomenal solo high b. We all had to stop singing while we picked our jaws up off the floor. I'm very excited for this concert, if only to watch the audience members' faces when they hear that note too.

In other news, I have become the choir's unofficial ambassador for hearing health. I guess it's a hazard of my soon-to-be profession, coupled with the fact that I have to do many hours of hearing screenings in order to be certified (thank goodness I'm not studying to be a sexual health educator!). I'll be offering hearing screenings to my fellow choir members, and offering hearing protection tips. Unfortunately, I don't always practice what I preach. For example, I don't wear earplugs when I go out dancing, and I still use q-tips to clean my ears. In my defense, I practice safer q-tipping by keeping my elbow tucked close to my body -- I have never forgotten the time one of my high school teachers ruptured her eardrum with a q-tip when she banged her elbow. *shudder*

What's my point here?

Come out to my concert. Your ears will thank you for it, I promise.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home