PYJ

Not so perfect, not so young

Friday, February 03, 2006

Run!

This city is going through a freakishly warm winter - the high today was +4. For a Canadian February, that's pretty crazy. I celebrated by going for a run. I've been on a bit of a fitness hiatus over the past few months, and MAN is it good to get out and a run again. I've been taking it easy for the last couple of runs, but today I turned it up a notch. On the home stretch of my run, I saw some Mormon missionaries about to cross my path, and I wondered whether they would try to stop a sweaty, red-faced runner. I enjoyed the Doppler effect on the 'hi hOW ARE YOU today'. No way was I stopping.

There are often Mormon missionaries on the main road near my house, and I'm usually in a rush when they try to talk with me. Sometimes I'm tempted to talk to them, mainly to find out more about what they believe, and what they say they believe (I'm not sure if those two things would line up completely). Having done my share of Christian outreach as a teenager, I definitely have a soft spot for young people who are trying to share their faith. It's not easy, and if I'd had half the boldness that they have, my youth missions would have been very different experiences.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home