PYJ

Not so perfect, not so young

Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Welcome, Dear Reader

Yay! I have one reader!

Today, I was wondering if anyone reads my blog, and I briefly debated making an "IS ANYBODY OUT THERE?" kind of post. Now I don't have to do that, because I learned that one of my friends DOES read this blog from time to time. It's nice to know that.

I know that the presence of comments isn't a reliable way of knowing if anyone is reading this, because I am definitely a stealth-reader of other people's blogs. I check in regularly, and never comment. It's kind of funny, because if I actually run into someone whose blog I've read, I have to decide whether or not to play dumb when I've actually just read about all the blogworthy current events in their life. I opt for dumb most of the time.

(note re: "their life" - I'm deliberately using the 3rd person plural pronoun "they/their" as a gender-neutral singular pronoun, simply because English doesn't have one. And while I'm on the subject of pronouns, I think I'll be promoting the use of "all y'all" and "all y'all's" as the 2nd person plural /possessive, because it's evident that we Canadians need a clear distinction between plural and singular "you" in our dialect. Plus I like the Southern flair.)

So reader(s?), please feel free to play dumb and/or be a stealth-reader. I don't mind.

One more thought for the day - go check out today's post on this blog. I really enjoyed it. Grab a tissue before you click that link!

3 Comments:

  • At 5:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You have at least two readers! Any friend of Anna's is a friend of mine so I check in from time to time too! I've only commented once, I'll comment more so you know I've been by.

     
  • At 4:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I read it tooooooo. Hello there Ms. Jaimie..Love the picture of you and Crystal.

     
  • At 10:08 PM, Blogger Jaimie said…

    Yay! Two readers! Y'all made my day.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home