PYJ

Not so perfect, not so young

Saturday, May 06, 2006

Time flies when you don't have time to see your family or think about anything other than your clinical placment

Oh, blog. I've missed you so much. Sad part is, I don't have much to say.

Here are some random stats about the last week of my life:

Hours spent on a bus: 9
Hours spent sleeping: about 30
Hours spent in choir rehearsals and performances: 18
Hours spent at placement: 44
Time spent crying with joy and general sentimentality: a lot
Time spent weeping miserably: way too much
Hours spent sitting on the couch doing nothing: 5 (sweet, sweet Saturday)

I had forgotten how to do nothing. On Friday, I swore that I would work hard all weekend to make sure that my next week is not as crappy as this one has been. But a comfy couch and "When Harry Met Sally" have seduced me, and I've been sitting on the couch eating salt'n'vinegar chips and sweet potato fries (home made!) all night. It's been pretty sweet.

On a totally unrelated note, I insist that you go here and watch the videos from May 2006. Look for me and Daniel in "He'll make a way"! And make sure to watch "Mascato Men".

2 Comments:

  • At 7:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    First of all, what does the 'PYJ' stand for? Secondly, what sentimental things are you crying over? And thirdly, if you could explain to me your interest in blogging and why you choose to share moments of your life in this format, I would appreciate that very much.

     
  • At 10:53 AM, Blogger Jaimie said…

    Hi anonymous,

    - PYJ stands for "Perfect Young Jaimie". It's silly, I know. I'm short on pseudonyms, and this is one that I was given in high school. I'm far from perfect, and I'm certainly not as young as I was then, but until I come up with something else, that's what it'll be.

    - Mostly, I've been crying about music lately. The choir I'm in (that I often blog about) has been performing with a choir from Africa for the last week or so. Their music, and the connection that humans can share through music is overwhelming. And I've been really overtired.

    - I like to share some parts of my life through blogging because I can. I don't spend a lot of time composing and editing, but I like to distill what I've been thinking about or experiencing, and record it writing. I can share my daily life with distant friends, to be read at their leisure. I love to read others' blogs, so I'm hoping that whoever stops by will enjoy reading mine.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home