PYJ

Not so perfect, not so young

Sunday, April 02, 2006

What would we do, baby. . .


This is my great-great aunt Ruby.
Yes, my grandfather's aunt.
She's pretty much the sweetest lady of all time, and I love to spend time with her. She still travels quite a bit to visit family, and we had a chance to see her last night at a family gathering.

I'm pretty unfamiliar with this branch of my family (and most of them didn't know me), so a lot of the conversations went something like this:

"Who is your great-grandmother?"

"Gladys."

"So, are we third cousins?"

"No, we're first cousins twice-removed."

"Okay. So then my son is your first cousin?"

"Um, he's actually my second cousin once-removed."

"I think I met you once about eighteen years ago."

It's always good to spend time with family. Family-tree confusion just serves as an extra conversation-starter.

1 Comments:

  • At 2:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    you have bangs! Who knew!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home